A General Conference Auditing Service Board is elected every five years at a General Conference Session.This board is comprised of 18 members with 13 being laypersons that each represent a world division of the General Conference and are qualified auditors or knowledgeable professionals from related fields.The remaining five members are determined based on the positions held at the General Conference. The chairperson of this board is a layperson that is selected by the board from among its members.
The board is accountable to the General Conference Executive Committee and is responsible to:
- Provide administrative oversight for the General Conference Auditing Service
- Receive reports regarding the status of audits for denominational organizations
- Address issues emerging from audit status reports
- Monitor the quality of audit services provided
- Review audit costs and determine the adequacy of staffing
- Propose recommendations and prepare reports to the General Conference Executive Committee
- Recommend to each regular General Conference Session Nominating Committee the names of individuals to serve as the director and associate directors of the General Conference Auditing Service.
Mr. John Satelmajer is currently a Financial Services Partner at a “Big 4” accounting firm. He has over 23 years experience working in the accounting industry focusing in Nonprofit Organizations, Strategic Planning, Accounting, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and Public Speaking. He holds a Bachelors degree in Accounting and is a licensed Certified Public Accountant.
Vice Chair - GC Vice President
Secretary - GCAS Executive Director
Robyn serves as the Chief Audit Executive of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with over 30 years of professional experience in the global field of auditing. With a diverse personal background, Robyn understands the importance of cross-cultural leadership and promoting a philosophy of accountably and credibility to the Church organizations in over 208 countries.
Patrick Bob Ojera, PhD, MBA, CPA
ECD Lay Representative
Aurel Duca, PhD
ESD Lay Representative
Ventsislav Bosev, M.Sc.
EUD Lay Representative
Dennis Brown, FCCA, FCA, MBA
IAD Lay Representative
Masao Yanaga, LLB, BA
NSD Lay Representative
Ailton Dorl, MBA
SAD Lay Representative
Philip Ndlovu, BSc, CA
SID Lay Representative
Annette Barlow, B.Com, CA
SPD Lay Representative
Jeffrey Eman, BA
SSD Lay Representative
Victor Singh, CA, CMA
SUD Lay Representative
Frensly Panneflek, MBA, MSc
TED Lay Representative
Kwaku Danso-Abeam, FCCA, CA, MCIT
WAD Lay Representative