What are your career goals?
- Travel (including international)
- mission/service/giving back
- working with a variety of clients
- professional development
What are you looking for?
- Information about working for GCAS (Student Practical Training)
- A full-time job
Who we are
A global, organizationally independent, auditing services firm serving the Seventh-day Adventist Church throughout the world with 250 auditors located in 45 countries
Who we serve
- Educational institutions (colleges, universities, and academies)
- Typical non-profit organizations (conferences, associations, unions)
- Manufacturing organizations (publishing houses)
- Retail stores (Adventist Book Centers)
- Other miscellaneous entities (medical, media organizations)
What we do
- Financial statement audits
- Reviews of operating protocols for Planned Giving
- Compliance testing with denominational policy
How we do it
Except for the impact on independence because of the denominational relationship with clients, GCAS complies with generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS). GCAS reports on whether client financial statements have in essence been prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Who we’re looking for
Three-month, full-time summer internship, usually between the student’s junior and senior years of college. A prerequisite is completion of an Intermediate Accounting class. Job requires traveling with and working under the supervision of the audit team, performing entry level responsibilities. The internship provides an excellent learning opportunity, a chance to experience a career in auditing, and provides valuable experience for a resume. The internship is paid, with typically 38-40 work hours per week. Travel expenses are reimbursed. Interns could be placed in one of the 5 Regional Offices.
Full-time entry-level auditing position. See full details under Developing Your Career/Promotions.